Robinson Services Inc. has an opportunity available for a Senior Bookkeeper located in our Kingston office.
Throughout our 40 year history, Robinson Services has transformed the way business owners understand and interact with their production, commercial and operational facilities. Since its inception Robinson has been creating the right solution one customer at a time. The entrepreneurial spirit of our Founder and Chairman, Bernie Robinson, coupled with his commitment to his customers has been the driving force behind our company's growth and success.
Robinson Services has four cornerstones that define us and motivate us to our common purpose:
People: People and relationships drive our success. We have the expertise and experience to deliver, and more importantly, we are passionate about what we do, and we won't stop until we get it done. We keep our promises.
Innovation: New ideas pave the road to uncovering maximum value and continuous improvement. We encourage initiative, research, discourse, and best practice sharing amongst our team and with our customers. We are always looking for innovative ways to deliver a better solution for our customers.
Technology: Technology is a tool - not a strategy. We strive to create the right solution, using technology as a way to drive greater value for our customer. We ensure that our approach to integrating technology stays focused on business drivers like cost, quality and liability.
Solutions: We view all of our offerings - from products and technology, to services and expertise - as the tools necessary to fulfill the promise of the right solution for our customer.
At the core of every Robinson company this same commitment to our customers drives our business purpose, our customer relationships and our solutions.
Note: This position is primarily office based but there are flexible work options.
You will provide bookkeeping, accounting, purchases, payables, billing, customer payments, and payroll posting but not processing on a daily basis with monthly reporting to management.
Tasks involved to accomplish the above include but not limited to:
- Processing online vendor payments for future payment dates
- Processing EFT Payments from AP clerk
- Setting up new vendors
- Accounts payable reconciliation
- Bank Entries & Bank Reconciliations
- Posting Payroll to Sage 300 from Payworks
- Creating accounts in Sage 300
- Mapping new accounts to financial statement templates
- Reviewing & Posting JE's made by AP clerk
- Monthly HST processing and payments
- Monthly WSIB processing and payments
- Annual WSIB reconciliation
- Annual EHT reconciliation
Reporting, budgets and year end
- Monthly reporting to management
- Preparation of annual budget
- Cash flow projections
- Preparing Financials Statements with corresponding workpapers
- Annual financial statement audit preparation
- Answering audit question from external auditors
- Proven bookkeeping experience of 5 years or more
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets
- Proficiency in English and Google suite
- Proficiency in Sage 300 desirable but not necessary
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Degree or Diploma in Finance, Accounting or Business administration desirable
- Must to be able to work in a team environment
- Must be highly organized and have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to stay on task and meet deadlines on time
- Great interpersonal skills that enable the Bookkeeper to clearly and effectively communicate with other employees
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join a stable and growing company.
If you’re a high energy, self-motivated individual who is willing to work hard in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment, we want to talk to you!
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Benefits: Vision, Dental, Paramedical Coverage, Life and AD&D Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $55,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kingston, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Sage/Quick Books: 1 year (preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 5 years (required)
Application deadline: 2023-03-29
Expected start date: 2023-05-01