Sign-on bonus for 2 year service commitment to Grand View Manor (structure- $2,500.00 for year 1 and an additional $2,500.00 for year 2)
Join the Grand View Manor team in the heart of the Apple Capital of the Annapolis Valley!
Located in Berwick, we are one hour from Halifax and minutes away from the highest tides in the world. Work with us as we plan for our new state of the art facility scheduled to open in 2025.
Grandview is a not for profit home known to support our community through our commitment to quality care and innovative support for both clients and our interdisciplinary team. In our 142 bed facility, care is provided in an enriched housing, an assisted living, and a nursing home setting.
The RN Supervisor is responsible for the operations of the facility on their shift under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager.
- supervision of facility nursing staff (LPN/CCA) on your shift – orientation/ in service/ discipline
- responsible to provide feedback to Nurse Manager to assist in the preparation of performance appraisals
- identifies resident needs, helps develop and update care plans and electronic documentation tools
- medication administration as needed
- documents pertinent information in appropriate charts / files
- maintains good working relationships and open communication with all staff, residents, families and the general public
- attends / participates in nursing conference on each shift, monthly unit meetings and multi-team meetings as required
- assists in the orientation of new staff when needed
- ensures that equipment being used is safe and in good working order, reports immediately any maintenance requirements
- liaises with physicians, pharmacy & outside facilities as necessary
- provides outreach services to Fundy Villa / Orchard View apartments as needed
- Licensed with the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia
- Resident-centeredness and a passion for working with older people is an asset
- Conscientious and compassionate
- Strong organizational abilities
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to interact with others effectively as a Team Member
- The physical ability to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position
- Strong leadership qualities
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates including African Canadians and other members of the visible minority community, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and women in non-traditional roles.
For more information on the Grandview Manor community please visit our website at www.grandviewmanor.org
Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $36.53-$40.17 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: One location