Our company is looking to provide you an opportunity to join one of the largest, and reputable full service electrical services companies. For over 28 years our team of professionals have served the electrical and repair needs of hundreds of commercial, industrial, residential, and mobile customers, with our Customer service philosophy founded on professionalism, reliability, safety, and convenience.
This role reports to the Site Superintendent, and/or Project Superintendent while working with other journeymen electricians, apprentices, and other contractors under direct supervision and/or alone at various sites in, & out of town when required.
We are seeking someone who has a min of 5 years experience working as a journeyperson electrician, works well as part of a team, leading apprentices, or on their own with minimal in person or remote supervision. Must be flexible in availability to meet the wide range of our customers’ needs and possess your own set of basic electrical tools, and CSA approved work boots.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist in coordinating trades to effectively execute on projects
- Assist in field RFI's
- Assist in as built drawings
- Leading, and supporting apprentices on a team
- Working safe and following site safety rules.
- Assisting in scheduling of manpower
- Responsible for tools used on site
- Responsible for checking, storing materials & deliveries received on site.
- Installation maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair of electrical problems, lighting and equipment at, but not limited to commercial, residential, government, municipal, and industrial sites.
- Knowledge of motor controls
- Familiar with older technology as well as new
- Install and service cabling infrastructure and devices for Data, Audio Visual, and CCTV, data racks and cabinets
- Fire Alarm and emergency lighting verifications
- Experience in housing layouts and residential construction and rough ins an asset
- Experience with explosion proof wiring an asset
- Experienced at and ability to read and interpreting manuals, drawings, specifications, and control diagrams is required
- Ordering, picking up, and delivering of supplies, tools, and equipment to and from jobs sites, vendors and our office.
- Site demolition, renovation and clean up to facilitate the electrical work required or as needed.
- Bending and installation of conduit, pulling cable
- Laying out of equipment, cabling
- Calibration of electrical systems and equipment
- Locking out of equipment, startups when complete
- Setting up and take down of scaffolding
Required skills & abilities:
- Experience in working on construction site leading and supporting apprentices
- High level of confidence, able to make decisions on site on own.
- Effective electrical trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, work with varying communication styles
- Ability to conduct work in confined spaces, on ladders, and/or aerial platforms and comfortable working from heights
- Familiar and up to date with current BC electrical code
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in various settings including inclement weather.
- High attention to detail, with an ability to effectively see and work in the big picture
- Maintain effective organization while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, positive, enthusiastic, reliable, and punctual
- Red seal electrician with min of 5 years’ experience in construction is preferred
- high School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to conduct work while standing, bending, crawling, lifting, climbing, pulling and reaching
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds using safe lifting methods
- Operate mobile equipment such as skyjacks, and experience using various power hand tools, pipe bending experience, and measuring equipment.
- Pride in workmanship
- Ability to work on a team, as well as independently with periodic supervision.
- Drivers license with a clean abstract.
- Experience in bucket truck with air brakes endorsement an asset.
- Ability to be on call, travel out of town for work, and/or longer shifts or evening/night shifts, as required for customer or project needs.
Due to the volume of applicants, please accept our apologies in advance, as only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in our company and exploring a career with Northern Electric.
**Please COMPLETE the provided assessments as part of the application, and please also include a written cover letter in the employer comments section of the online posting, or as part of your uploaded resume submission expressing your general availability, wage expectations, and ability to provide at least two work references.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,720.00-$83,200.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Journeyman Electrician: 5 years (preferred)
- Drivers Licence (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location