Position: Nurse Practitioner / Emergency Department Supervisor (Full time, Part Time and Casual positions available).
Department: Nursing - Emergency Department
Salary: $70.00 / hour or $136,500.00 / year (based on a Full Time 37.5-hour work week).
Pension and Benefits: HOOPP Pension and highly competitive benefits package available.
Deadline: Until suitable applicant found
POSITION (Title): Nurse Practitioner / Emergency Department Supervisor
DEPARTMENT/SERVICE Nursing – Emergency Department
REPORTS TO (Title): Executive Vice President, Clinical Services & CNE
1. Registered Nurse Extended Class License in good standing with the College of Nurses Ontario
2. Current CPR
1. Minimum two years recent experience working as a Nurse Practitioner.
2. Minimum two years of experience in a critical care environment preferred.
3. Minimum two years of experience in gerontology preferred.
4. Minimum one year of experience in Mental Health preferred.
5. Supervisory experience preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITY:
1. High level of proficiency with Microsoft office applications, hospital software applications.
2. Ability to think critically and multitask in a high-pressure situation.
3. Ability to organize and manage an office setting and work with all.
4. Experience supervising staff including performance management, and task direction.
5. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member; establish and maintain cooperative and collaborative working relationships with members of the interdisciplinary team, and exercise judgment by participating in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care according to college standards.
6. Behavior consistent with the hospital’s Standards of Performance and ICCARE values.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned, and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
1. Performs according to the Standards of Professional Practice set out by the College of Nurses of
Ontario and in compliance with the policies, procedures and standards of Riverside Health Care
2. Accepts clinical responsibility and professional accountability for the care delivered to assigned patients.
3. Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team, fulfilling responsibilities as a member of the nursing discipline.
4. Complies with The Ethical Framework for Nurses in Ontario (College of Nurses of Ontario).
5. Provide direction, guidance, supervision and act as a resource to Registered Nursing Staff in the
1. Participate and collaborate with other health care providers in the provision of patient care.
2. Assesses patients by obtaining relevant history and completing physical exam, in order to make a diagnosis
3. Initiates orders for treatment(s), medications, and diagnostic tests according to findings and collaborates with physicians, primary care providers and family health teams as needed.
4. Develops medical treatment plans for the patients under her/his care, which may be carried out by other care providers.
5. Evaluates outcomes based on clinical skills/judgement and patient improvements.
6. Dictates emergency department summaries, which set out the diagnosis, treatment and discharge instructions, as required.
7. Conducts Family meetings and discusses plans of care, discharge and end of life issues with patients and
/or their families/substitute decision maker.
8. Accept stable handovers from night shift physician.
9. Participates in the development of order sets, clinical pathways or medical directives for the care of the patients in the program.
10. Refers to other care providers as appropriate
11. Focus on stable patients with complex needs. (Geriatrics/Mental Health)
12. Follow up with radiology discrepancies and cultures.
13. Educate patients on preventative care and the need to adhere to prescribed treatments.
14. Perform minor procedures when necessary, in the emergency department.
15. Obtain CTAS/NRP/ACLS/PALS/NVCI certifications within 6 months of start date and maintain competency.
16. Provide direction, guidance, supervision and act as a resource to Registered Nursing Staff in the
17. Carry out all work assignments safely and be knowledgeable of and in compliance with relevant regulations, policies and procedures in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations, as well as other legislation as applicable.
18. Other duties as assigned by EVP, Clinical Services & CNE. Duties may evolve with time.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Must comply with:
1. Human Resource, Corporation, and Department Policies
2. Must provide satisfactory vulnerable sector check
3. Must maintain Registered Nurse Extended class license with the College of Nurses of Ontario
4. Health and Safety Policies & Procedures
Job Types: Casual, Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: $70.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort Frances, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2024-02-18